Academy unveils spring 2018 training programme
The Road Safety GB Academy has unveiled its spring 2018 training programme for road safety practitioners.
Established in 2013, The Academy is the professional development arm of Road Safety GB. The Academy helps road safety practitioners enhance their skills in order to deliver effective, evidence-led road safety interventions.
Last month, the Academy announced it will be taking three courses to Derbyshire as part of its Q1 2018 training programme. The three courses are being organised in partnership with Derbyshire County Council.
A further five further courses have now been confirmed for Q1, one of which - the two-day Behavioural Change Course (5-6 March) - is already fully subscribed.
The spring 2018 courses with availability are as follows:
- The two-day Managing Work Related Road Safety course is being held in Chesterfield on 16-17 January. The course explains and illustrates how companies and other organisations can simply and effectively manage work-related road risk.
- The one-day Road Safety Delivery in a Primary School Setting course is also being held in Chesterfield on 18 January. The course is designed to develop a road safety practitioner’s skills to deliver an effective and engaging road safety intervention to primary school children.
- The four-day (two-part) Road Safety Practitioner Foundation Course is being held in Huntington on 23-24 January and 6-7 March. The course aims to provide participants with an overview of the knowledge and skills they need to effectively and safely deliver a road safety educational intervention.
- The two-day ADI Client Centred Learning ‘Train the Trainer’ Course takes place in Newbury, Berkshire on 30-31 January.
- The Road Safety Practitioner Foundation Course is also being held in Alfreton, Derbyshire on 6-7 February (part one) and 13-14 March (part two).
- The two-day Road Safety Evaluation Course is being held in Banbury, Oxfordshire on 13-14 March. The course covers a wide range of topics including reasons for evaluation, E-Valu-It, before and after studies, and how to plan and pilot an evaluation.
20mph limits Academy news Autonomous vehicles Children Cyclists Drink driving Driver distraction Driver tiredness Driver training Driving at work Driving conditions Drug driving Engineering Enforcement Events Fit to drive General news In-car safety Mobile phones Motorcyclists News in brief Older drivers Pedestrians Public Health Research & evaluation RSGB news SCPs Speed Statistics & data Teenagers Vehicles & Technology Young drivers