DVSA marks 80th anniversary of the driving test
Today (1 June) sees the 80th anniversary of the introduction of the driving test which came into effect on 1 June 1935.
To mark this milestone, the DVSA (Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency) has put together a suite of commemorative resources including:
• An illustrated history of a driving test
• A new video about how today’s driving test works
• A list of the top 10 reasons why people fail the driving test – and how to avoid them
• Stories about what passing the driving test meant to people
• And a limited edition of The Highway Code which celebrates 80 years of the driving test, and contains the latest rules of the road, updated with recent legislative changes.
Click here to access these resources and find out more about the 80th anniversary of the driving test.
20mph limits Academy news Autonomous vehicles Children Cyclists Drink driving Driver distraction Driver tiredness Driver training Driving at work Driving conditions Drug driving Engineering Enforcement Events Fit to drive General news In-car safety Mobile phones Motorcyclists News in brief Older drivers Pedestrians Public Health Research & evaluation RSGB news SCPs Speed Statistics & data Teenagers Vehicles & Technology Young drivers