Euro NCAP reveals five-star cars
Euro NCAP has announced its Best in Class Cars of 2012, in which eight vehicles received a five star rating for safety.
Euro NCAP published the results for 36 vehicles available on the European market. The eight five-star vehicles performed well in each of the four individual marking criteria: adult occupant protection, child occupant protection, pedestrian protection and safety assist systems.
The Best in Class Cars of 2012, recommended for their outstanding safety performance are:
- Renault Clio (1.0 base grade, LHD)
- Volvo V40 (1.6 diesel ‘Kinetic’, LHD)
- BMW 3 Series (BMW 320d, LHD)
- Ford B-Max (1.5 diesel ‘Trend’, LHD)
- Fiat 500L (1.4 petrol ‘Easy’ 4x2, LHD)
- Ford Kuga (2.0 diesel ‘Trend’, LHD)
- Hyundai Santa Fe (2.2 diesel, 5 seat ‘Comfort’, LHD)
- Ford Transit Custom (2.2 diesel ‘Trend’ Kombi LHD)
Click here for more information.
20mph limits Academy news Autonomous vehicles Children Cyclists Drink driving Driver distraction Driver tiredness Driver training Driving at work Driving conditions Drug driving Engineering Enforcement Events Fit to drive General news In-car safety Mobile phones Motorcyclists News in brief Older drivers Pedestrians Public Health Research & evaluation RSGB news SCPs Speed Statistics & data Teenagers Vehicles & Technology Young drivers